First impressions count, people will judge you, your professionalism and credibility based on your online presence and more with your Personal branding portraits and videos. Most customers will make a decision to work with you within 1 minute of viewing a striking branding portrait of you.
But why are is there a market push for video and photography branding? Here’s what the experts are telling us.
Video Marketing Statistics
Experts have foreseen that by end of 2017, video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic. Cisco projects that global internet traffic from videos will make up 80% of all internet traffic by 2019. 34% of B2C marketers say pre-produced video will be critical to content marketing success in 2017.4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it. More than 60% of marketers and small business owners said they planned to increase investment in video marketing in 2017. 62% of B2B marketers rated videos as an effective content marketing tactic in 2016. Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%. In a 2016 HubSpot survey, 43% of consumers wanted to see more video content in 2016.
In 2016, 14% of marketers used live video.
- Facebook users spend 3X more time watching live videos than traditional videos. 51% of all video plays are on mobile devices — this growth represents a 15% increase from 2015 and a 203% increase from 2014.
- Videos under five minutes in length account for 55% of total video consumption time on smartphones. 29% more people viewed a 360-degree video than the same video in a traditional format. 85% of adults consume content on multiple devices at the same time.
With such projections for 2017, as a visual personal brand, we cannot and should not ignore the power of photography and video branding.
Recent testimonials show that having a photo and video brand greatly increase their searchability and sales. More people know them and signed up for their services, just like my client, Matt Church and Sally Anderson.
Matt Church, Chairman and Founder of Thought Global Network said, “get serious about personal branding, It’s about taking control of that and being at source in all you do. It’s not organic or accidental, it needs to be strategic and intentional. Get serious about it, don’t leave it to chance. Ensure that it’s congruent with who you are and what you stand for, keep it real and then TURN IT UP.”
Sally Anderson said Personal Branding has helped me become an expert in my field and widely known. It’s helped me attract the most influential and best people around me and to do business with. Truly remarkable. Personal Branding is a continuous evolution as you gain breadth and depth in your work.
So why it is encouraged to use magnetic videos and magnetic photos for your brand?
- Because videos represents 74% of internet traffic today.
- Because there are 4X as many consumers who would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.
- Because it is an effective content marketing tactic in 2016 and will still be in 2017.
- Because there is an increased number of videos being viewed online thru social media using mobile phones, where your clients stay all day.
- Because our consumers today respond positively to amazingly done videos and well done photography.
- Because clients today, trust you more when they see a professionally made photo and/or video of you.
Written by Zahrina Robertson
Creating the Magnetic Brands of Tomorrow
Leading International Personal Brand Photographer +Videographer, Author, Speaker