Did you know?
Employers have to give every new employee a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement (the Statement) before, or as soon as possible after, they start their new job.
The Statement provides new employees with information about their conditions of employment.
The Statement has information on:
- the National Employment Standards
- right to request flexible working arrangements
- modern awards
- making agreements under the Fair Work Act
- individual flexibility arrangements
- freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- termination of employment
- right of entry
- the role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission.
Providing the Statement
The Statement can be given to new employees:
- in person
- by mail
- by email
- by emailing a link to our website
- by fax.