Last week my first podcast interview went live!
I joined forces with Amelia from Undercover Architect and she asked me lots of questions about my own home, the White Pebble House and its sustainable credentials. In my usual style, I’m honest and open about the process and things I would have changed, so I hope you find it enlightening!
Amelia says “The White Pebble Home is a stunning example of a family home that is designed to be sustainable, flexible and adaptable. And it has a natural pool to die for!
Frances established White Pebble Interiors in 2010, after leaving the corporate world. White Pebble Interiors is an interior design studio that specializes in creating bespoke Forever Homes.
With a strong emphasis on sustainability, they pride ourselves on recommending sustainable principles and using sustainable materials wherever they can. They are open and honest and break with convention to ensure designs are not just ‘good enough’ but reflect what their clients really want them to be, based on how they live their life.
The house has featured in several publications including House & Garden and The Herald Sun and has been profiled internationally on Houzz. It won Winner of Bayside’s Best Ecological & Sustainable Build Award in 2015. And in this episode, we’ll be talking about this very home”.
Amelia says ‘I’m really excited to share this home, and Frances, with you. I think you’re going to really enjoy hearing their journey to a sustainable home, and take away some great ideas and tips for your own project’.
The questions asked of me in the podcast interview are;-
- Tell us a bit about who is in your family and who the home is built for?
- And the home’s size and location?
- When you guys decided to build a new home, how did that make you feel as an Interior Designer?
- Did you have specific goals around designing and building sustainably?
- Did you feel you were going to have to budget extra for a sustainable home? Or make any compromises?
- How did you go about designing for sustainability?
- What specific sustainability measures did you incorporate?
- The pool … tell us all about the pool … your own billabong!
- Is there anything you’d do differently, or wish you had included?
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE:
WATCH THE VIDEO INTERVIEW HERE:
I hope you enjoy listening!
Want help with your Forever Home? Get in touch with me and we can chat about how I can assist you.