What is power? Power is defined as the ability to act or have influence over others. It is a noun. The ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
An example of someone with power is when they have physical strength or they’re in control of things. Power comes from the Latin word potere, which means “to be able.” But things with power are much more than able — they’re able to exert a lot of force.
Spiritual Power can be defined as having faith in a higher power, a consciousness, offering a sense of peace, contentment, confidence and hope. When you are connected with this limitless loving energy you feel good, positive and relaxed.
This week’s blog is about finding your power within, leading you to reconnect with yourself and those around you. The power of reconnection is the best way to promote repair, positivity and an environment to be resilient in times of change.
The biggest downfall to growth, finding resilience and getting through change, is when we disconnect from ourselves. You know that feeling, where you feel like there is no longer a sparkle in your eye and you are lacking inspiration and passion. This is not the best environment to repair or grow.
When we do we doubt ourselves, we go into a stress response, we think of worst case scenario’s and from that moment on we will look for safer ways to get right back into your comfort zone.
We stop connecting to those around us at home and also our colleagues
this impacts culture and the ability to think outside of the box
It is not fun and we lose a sense of adventure
Negative thoughts can short-circuit your wellness and recovery, while positive ones can strengthen and protect your immune system. Amending your thinking patterns and beliefs can change your entire life. Starting today will reap rewards sooner. You’ll be surprised how quickly meditation can restore your true sense of purpose.
BENEFITS OF CONNECTION
- Achieve a higher level of understanding
- Develop a fresh mindset
- Change your inner biochemistry and belief system
- See obstacles as opportunities
- Adjust your view of yourself and the world
- Achieve a flow state
- Address and re-organise chaos in your body
- Take responsibility for your health
- Reduce stress
- Find answers and guidance
TIPS TO RECONNECT:
- Be guided by your desires. Do what blows your hair back!
- Coffee stimulates the adrenal glands. Whilst it can be beneficial for relieving fatigue, consuming too much can lead to anxiety and stress.
- Focus daily on your goals. This will activate your (RAS) filter system at the beginning of each day.
- Meditate daily. It will help your body to practice ‘safe mode’ and balance your biochemistry.
- Step outside your comfort zone from time to time, exercise it like a muscle and this will open up a world of opportunities.
- Write entries in your journal morning and night. Integrating your thoughts and emotions can lead to a new perspective.
- Understand your value, you are one of a kind.
- Acknowledge your limitations. Don’t push yourself to achieve the unattainable. Simply show up, do your best and believe in yourself. You can’t control how other people react, so
just be you!
- Catch yourself when you divert to thinking of the past or future and bring yourself back into the present moment. I like to use a Bend Like Bamboo wristband that I give my clients to help me to remember this.
- BOOK : If you want to learn more on the topic of worrying less about how other people react, read ‘The Courage to Be Disliked’ by Fumitake Koga and Ichiro Kishimi. It’s a fantastic resource.
By Amanda Campbell
If interstate or international :
Call us on 1300 188 882 or email email@example.com to find out how to book in for online coaching if you are outside of Melbourne / International.
To book Amanda to speak at your event or workplace please contact:
1300 188 882
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/amandacampbell_speaker/