In keeping with our favourite saying “Have fun with purpose” we wanted to come out with a Christmas message that would be both practical, something you can use and yet fun! A tall order in a mass of repetitive Xmas Greetings.
So we are sharing with some of our favourite recipes for you to enjoy over this time. Yes, they do fit in with the colourful Christmas theme and yes their ingredients are readily available, unlike the Tibetan volcanic salt you see from Masterchef.
These are meant to be enjoyed with friends and family
From our Family to yours, ENJOY!
PS Many are quite strong so remember the secret to a happy next morning is water and more water.
PPS You can easily delete the alcohol, add a bit more fruit juice and voila a mocktail!
Lisa’s Favourite Raspberry Daiquiri
1/2 punnet of raspberries
1 shot Cointreau
1 shot vodka
- In a cocktail shaker or mixing glass; muddle the raspberries and orange liqueur.
- Add the rum, sugar and lime juice and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake well; strain into the sugar-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with raspberries and lime wheel.
OR Throw it all into the Nutribullet and you can then claim it is healthy
Jo’s Favourite Japanese Slipper
- 1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
- 1 part Triple Sec/ Cointreau
- 1 part lemon juice
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
Pour Midori®, triple sec and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail/martini glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Ultimate eggnog recipe
- 3 cups (700ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy or double cream
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2/3 (130g) cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175ml) Bacardi Dark Rum, or bourbon
In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, cinnamon, vanilla bean, vanilla seeds, and nutmeg. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat and allow to steep.
In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar until combined and thick ribbons form when the whisk is lifted. Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to mix until the mixture is combined and smooth. Add bourbon or rum, and stir. Refrigerate overnight or for up to 3 days.
Before serving, beat the egg whites in a large bowl or stand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into eggnog until combined. Serve and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.